Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Lovers Key State Park - Fort Myers, FL

I spent a day at Lovers Key State Park when I was in Ft Myers on my own.  Very nice Park!  They have a nice beach, great areas to kayak & fish, some paved bike trails and a nature trail which I biked.  The trail was mostly packed sand and grass which went along the inland waterways:
I didn't see a ton of wildlife here either but much more than the whole town of Sebring, FL had to offer!  This osprey was hanging out on top of a dead tree at the side of the bike trail:

This crane and anhinga were sharing an island while they dried out their feathers:
This blue heron was trying to hide amongst the mangroves:
And this female osprey was hard at work tending to a nest while the male made sure she was doing everything right:

This park didn't have camping but a great place to go visit for the day if you're in the area!  More to come from Rainbow Springs next week . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment